Strategies to Market your Law Practice
Due to the nature of their work, lawyers and law firms must do a lot earn a good reputation. The legal representation offers numerous opportunities for law firms to get repeat business and build long term relationships. A practice that mostly target business clients can enhance its marketing strategies by considering strategic advertising and making its presence known online. Since the law practice is motivated by compliance and due diligence, it is critical to inform clients on everything they need to know. Strategic marketing strategies can be executed using:
- Direct mail – to generate a high level of response, lawyers can send reports and informational products such as reports through direct mail.
- Case studies and testimonials – when it comes to case studies and testimonials, law firms can enhance their reputation by borrowing from case studies and testimonials of successful corporations. This strategy can help the firm reach out to both current and potential clients.
- Email – email is a powerful tool for generating leads; however, you need to pay close attention to the content and context along with your targeted audience.
- Print advertising – when deploying print advertising strategy in your campaign, you need create clever benefit oriented headlines with concise explanations. Your advertising campaign can also stand out if it is seen to be visually distinct.
- PR networking – lawyers are highly educated persons who respect the views and assessment of other experts. For this reason, PR and networking is crucial in running a successful and reputable law practice. Lawyers can build their reputation by attending Bar Association meetings and sitting on various industry panels. Similarly, lawyers can write articles for various trade journals and post on law blogs to enhance their reputation and market their services.
Importance of Technology in the Law Offices
Technology has permeated all facets of the law practice since it promises high level efficiency and cost savings. Every growing and successful law practice understands the benefits of investing in an efficient accounting, time and billing system. This type of application can make a huge difference when it comes to getting the bills out, accumulating unpaid receivables and getting paid on time. Before making the investment, law firms need to first identify systems that will meet their requirements. The most popular billing and time management software applications are customized to adhere to unique reporting, accounting and billing and practice management needs of both small and large law firms. The software should also seamless integrate with Office, application management applications and accounting applications such as QuickBooks.
Legal Billing Software
The time and billing management is crucial in executing various tasks at the attorney’s office. The law firm billing software is designed to organize budgeting, client billing and time management aspects of business. The software also makes it easy for attorneys to multitask; for instance, bill clients at different rates based on the issues. The other key features of law firm billing software include; accounts payable, time tracking and bill preparation. Billable time can be tracked on different levels i.e. user defined or hourly basis. System administrators can also manage trust accounts and receive payments. When choosing law firm billing software, you will most likely make a choice between server and cloud based billing software. The other choice is between time keeping/billing software and practice management software.
The legal billing software with Differentiated Case Tracking Program makes it easy for attorneys and judges to schedule cases, according to parameters such as the nature of the claim, requested relief and number of parties involved in the dispute. Case scheduled in this manner can be tracked as either expedite, Standard Short, Standard Medium and as Custom Trial or other stipulated timelines. Growing number of attorneys are also investing in odyssey case management systems that allow users to migrate several, non-integrated legacy applications covering civil, criminal, supervision and financial case data with electronic document management, online payments and e-filing capabilities. The South Dakota Odyssey Case Management for instance, features a notification system, courtroom calendar and timeline conversion.
Learning about Law Office Software
The University of Georgia Center of Continuing Education and Hotel offers a legal course designed to help students learn and appreciate law office software’s. For example, the course of Software Essentials for the Law Office, is designed to assist professionals in the legal practice improves their computing skills and understand law office software’s. The key topics covered in the 42 hour course include time tracking and billing software, computer operating systems and case management.